Chocolate chip cookies
1 cup butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups Splenda
1 1/2 tsp. blackstrap molasses
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup vanilla-flavored whey protein powder
1/4 cup oat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
12 oz sugar free choco chips
* if you can't get sf choco chips, you can make some from sf chocolate bars. Break 7-8 bars (1.3 to 1.5 oz each) into a food processor and pulse until the size of cchips.
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. With electric mixer beat butter, Splenda and molasses until creamy and well blended. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together ground almonds, protein powder, oat bran, baking soda and salt. Add this mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, to the Splenda mixture, beating well after each 1/2 c addition, until its all beaten in. Stir in nuts and choco chips.
4. Spray cookie sheet with Pam, and drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto it. These cookies will not spread so if you want them flat, flatten them now.
5. Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
**yield: about 4 1/2 dozen cookies, each with 3 grams carb, trace of fiber, 5 grams protein
If you've got a Low Carb Recipes you'd like to see added, email
us with your suggestions.
Lose weight and get fit with the Internet's most respected fitness and weight loss e-zine. Our Low Carb Diet and Fitness Tips will inform you about the latest medical
research and scientific studies on weight loss and fitness translated into practical ideas you will put to work immediately.
Sign up for your FREE weekly tips now.
Click Here To Get Free Low Carb Diet and Fitness Magazine!
© 2001-2016 LowCarbSuccess.net